2013 Masters & Queens
2013 Masters and Queens Honoring George and Vera Webb
Qualifier LocationChippewa Bowl 225 West Chippewa Ave
South Bend, IN 46614 (574) 291-5092
Map Link Current Reservations Updated 5/04/2013
Dates & Times
|Saturdays – 7:30 pm||No Sundays for 2013|
March 2nd, 9th, 16th, & 23rd
April 6th, 13th, 20th & 27st May 4th
Finals Dates:June 1st & 2nd
6833 Massachusetts Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46226
RULES FOR QUALIFICATION ROUNDSREMINDER JUNIOR GOLD QUAILIFIER IS FOR 2013 North Pointe Junior Gold Championships, July 13-19, 2013,Detroit, MI
1. Participant must be a certified Indiana State USBC Youth Association member.
2. Entrant must bowl in ALL EVENTS (Team, Singles and Doubles) of the Indiana State USBCYA Championship Tournament Honoring George and Vera Webb. If not, entry fees and scores will be forfeited.
3. This is a scratch tournament with 2 divisions Masters (Boys) and Queens (Girls). A total of six (6) qualifying games per qualifying event will be completed by each participant.
4. The total actual pin fall of the six (6) games will determine the top 16 boys and top 16 girls to compete in the round robin finals in June.
5. Two (2) Alternates from each Division may be used in Finals. If a participant makes the 1st or 2nd alternate spots, each participant will be contacted by Tournament Directors for more details leading up to the Finals Tournament.
6. A minimum average of 175 for boys and 165 for girls with 21 games or more at the time of participation is required in a certified Indiana USBC Youth league.
A. Entrant MUST bring an electronically generated copy of most current league standing sheet at time of entry showing their 21 game average. NO TOURNAMENT AVERAGES WILL BE ALLOWED.
7. The walk-in entries will be allowed based on lane availability. Walk-in entries will be required to pay an extra $10.00 fee that will go toward the scholarship fund. Advanced entries are preferred to accurately know squad availability. A participant is deemed a walk-in if entry and money have not been received by 5pm on Saturday by tournament directors via online or in-person.
8. A total of three (3) attempts may be made during Masters and Queens qualifying per participant.
9. DRESS CODE: Dress will be open to collared shirts, mock collared shirts of 3/4in, DRESS skorts/shorts or capris for LADIES ONLY (NO MORE THAN 2 INCHES ABOVE KNEE CAP), or FULL LENGTH DRESS slacks. NO EXERCISE PANTS, GUYS SHORTS, OR JEANS WILL BE PERMITTED. All necessary undergarments must be worn AND NOT VISIBLE AT ANYTIME. Questionable attire will be decided by the Tournament Director. No hats, scarves, bandanas, Ipods, cell phones, or mp3 players may be used during qualifying unless for medical purposes. No advertisement of Alcohol, Tobacco (of any kind), or Gambling Industries will be allowed. REMEMBER this rule will be firmly enforced and any bowler violating this rule will be removed from the competition and no refund will be issued.
10. No more than four (4) bowlers nor less than one (1) bowler per lane during each squad. Parents are not permitted in the bowler’s area during practice and competition.
11. All bowling balls must conform to USBC specifications. Equipment must have readable brand, model, and serial number. Any participant found using illegal equipment will receive zero (0) for the frame and the ball will be taken out of play.
12. Bowlers will receive ten (10) minutes of practice before the beginning of the squad. No practice will be allowed when moving pairs during qualifying competition.
13. Advanced entrants MUST check in at the center no later than 30 minutes prior to the designated start time or their spot may be released if a waiting list is being used. No refund will be given; however, a later spot may be used.
14. In the event of a tie for the 16th position in qualifying, the tie will be determined by the bowler’s high game during qualifying. If a tie still exists, the next highest game will be used, etc. until a decision is reached.
15. In case of center equipment failure or delay, the tournament director will make the decision regarding the continuation or rescheduling of the game/games.
16. Bowlers should keep close check on pin fall and scoring. It is your responsibility to notify center staff or tournament staff of any errors in scoring so they may be corrected. DO NOT CHANGE SCORES YOURSELF.
17. Bowlers must initial another entrant’s scores for verification and sign their own score sheet. All information must be filled out entirely, regardless of attempt number, prior to turning them into the tournament office. Once turned in ALL scores are final.
18. Protests must be filed in person within 72 hours of completion of qualifying event.
19. No tobacco of any kind (chew, smokeless, cigarettes, etc) or alcohol will be permitted in the Masters and Queens qualifying area or consumed by a bowler during competition. Any bowlers found in violation of this rule will be removed from competition and scores disqualified. Parents will be prohibited from using tobacco products or alcohol in the Masters and Queens area.
20. No food or beverages will be allowed in the bowlers area during competition.
21. Travel expenses, lodging, food and such may be paid for by sponsors for participants.
22. Rule 400 will apply for all bowlers who qualify for the finals.
23. Averages will be verified for all bowlers advancing to the finals and alternates.
24. PARTICIPANTS MAY ATTEMPT TO QUALIFY A TOTAL OF THREE TIMES.
25. ALL APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY PAYMENT OR THEY WILL BE RETURNED.
26. Any rule not covered in this list will be covered by the USBC 2012-2013 Rule book and/or Tournament Director, subject to review by the ISUCBCYA Board of Directors and/or the National USBC Rules Committee.
Entrants MUST abide by the DRESS CODE RULE
SPECIAL NOTICE: Anyone displaying unsportsmanlike conduct (cursing,deliberate fouling,obscene or derogatory gestures,kicking or hitting ball returns or walls,etc.) may result in disqualifications. ANY BOWLERS CAUSING A DISTURBANCE as determined by either a complaint from other bowlers or as deemed disruptive by a tournament director may lead in disqualification.